Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers or JAIIB exam and Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers or CAIIB exam are both increment exams conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF). Only members of the Institute can apply for these IIBF exams.
JAIIB exam and CAIIB exam are open only to the ordinary members of the Institute (Any person working in the banking and finance industry whose employer is an Institutional member of the Institute can apply for IIBF membership). The other criteria for application being that you must have passed the 12th standard in any discipline or its equivalent. The Institute may very well allow anyone from clerical or supervisory staff cadre of banks to appear for the exam based on the recommendation of the Manager or Officer-in-charge at the bank office where the candidate works, even if they have not cleared their 12th grade or an equivalent exam. Subordinate staff of recognised Banking and Financial Institutions can also apply provided they are members of the institute and have cleared the 12th standard examination or its equivalent.
How to become a member of the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF)?
Now to become a member of the Institute you must be an employee of a recognized banking establishment both in the nationalized as well as private sector including the Reserve Bank of India, State Bank of India, other Financial Institutions, both Central and State, Co-operative Banks and any other institutions in India who are Institutional Members of the Institute as may be approved by the Council from time to time. The List of Institutional Members whose employees are eligible for such membership is available under ‘BANK/INSTITUTION WORKING WITH’ in the Membership Application registration form on IIBF website. It is necessary that the employer bank/financial institution is registered with the Institute as an Institutional Member. The applicant needs to pay a one time individual membership fee for Ordinary Life Membership of IIBF. To become an ordinary member of the Institute, you need to apply online through IIBF website and make online payment towards membership fees.
Along with the application you need to upload (scanned copy as per the specified size) your Photograph, Signature and Employer ID proof. On successful completion of the form after uploading the necessary details and paying the requisite amount, a membership number will be issued to you via sms and email. And a password will be provided to you. With the help of this Password you can update your personal details like, address, telephone number, email address, etc. It is mandatory to mention your Aadhar number, contact number and email address. The institute will verify all details mentioned in your membership application, which may take up to 45 days. If all details and supporting documents are found satisfactory you will receive an email from IIBF indicating the completion of verification process and a digital copy of your Membership Identity Card will be uploaded on your Profile which you can download using your Login ID and password. The first two downloads are free.
Please note that to appear for JAIIB exam and CAIIB exam, Members can use Membership ID Card or any one of the following ID cards (original) along with printed copy of the Admit Letter.
Photo Id Card issued by the employer:
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Election Voter’s I Card
- Aadhar Card
How to apply for JAIIB exams and CAIIB exams 2020?
Now that you are a member of the Institute, you need to apply online for JAIIB and CAIIB separately through IIBF website. So, to begin with visit the Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in then follow the steps given below:
• If you are a member of the Institute, click on “Members” under ‘Apply for exams online’.
• Read rules/ syllabus/ eligibility for examination, and instructions to applicant carefully.
• Select the examination you wish to apply for.
• Log in with your IIBF membership number and password.
• Read the instructions carefully and accept.
• Fill in the details like mode, medium, centre for the exam as also the place of work, etc. Click on ‘Preview’ and carefully check the details you filled up to ensure they have been entered correctly, especially when selecting Centre, Venue and Time slot, as there is no provision to change the Centre, Venue and Time slot in the system later on. Hence no such request for change will be entertained by the Institute.
• Click on ‘Accept and Submit’ and proceed to online payment. Select the payment option (credit/debit card, net banking) and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
• On successful completion, your transaction details will be displayed on the screen and the same will be sent through email/ SMS to you for your reference.
• If the payment transaction is unsuccessful/ incomplete, an appropriate message will be displayed on the screen and you can retry by following the online process again.
• After submitting your payment information, please wait for the intimation from the server, it may take 1 to 5 seconds to process your request, but sometimes it may take longer. DO NOT press ‘Submit’ button once again, or ‘Back’ or ‘Refresh’ button.
• Any communication regarding online exam fees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In case the payment is debited from your account and the transaction is unsuccessful/ incomplete, the Institute will refund the entire fees electronically within 10-12 working days from the date of transaction.
After registering, stay tuned to IIBF website for JAIIB 2020 exam date and CAIIB 2020 exam date schedule which is normally up before the time of application. And, visit Narang’s Bankers Training Institute at for the latest edition of JAIIB books, JAIIB mock tests and CAIIB books, CAIIB mock tests to help you sail through these IIBF exams.
Just to add here, Diploma in Banking and Finance (DBF) is also a certified course offered by IIBF. It is equivalent to JAIIB, has the same syllabus but can be pursued by a non-banker and a non-member of IIBF unlike JAIIB. Indian Banks Association (IBA) has recognized DBF exam as a desirable qualification along with other prescribed entry level qualifications for recruitment in banks. By holding this diploma, you will get an advantage over other applicants in the recruitment process conducted by IBPS. And once appointed in Bank, you can get DBF converted to JAIIB. This conversion translates into one year additional service and one advance increment which will be granted at the entry level itself along with eligibility to appear for CAIIB exam.
So, the more the merrier. Even a non-banker and a non-member has a chance to grow in the banking sector and enjoy the privileges offered by this very dynamic fast changing field.